About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jumbled up thoughts

I have so many things I want to write about, but like last night, I am extremely tired and don't have time. That really makes me sad. I'll try to be quick and try not to lose you...my brain feels fuzzy and who knows if this will make any sense.

First, I went to a benefit concert tonight that a friend of mine was performing at. It was really good. It was great to go to dinner with a good friend beforehand, eat some awesome guacamole, then go to the concert. It was very uplifting.

Second, my friend Faith just started her own blog. I was talking to her last night about how much I love my blog, how I've made some great friends recently, and how it has become this obsessive hobby of mine. I like to think I inspired her. ;-) In reality, writing isn't new to her...just the form of blogging. So...if any of you are interested in stopping by her blog and checking it out, you can find it here at Not Just A Mom.

Third, the kids at the concert tonight made me really question myself. They just looked so young, and I felt so old. I was watching them interact, some of them being college and high school students and I found myself missing those days. Those carefree days before marriage and definitely before kids. And I love my family. I wouldn't go back and do it any differently. But I miss being young and free. And I miss my hair. The kind that looked OK in a pony tail. The kind that laid flat and looked pretty. The kind that didn't have 5 millions grays threatening to discolor my whole head! *sigh*

Last but not least...I WON MY FIRST GIVEAWAY!!!! My girls are going to be SO excited. I can't decide whether to tell them tomorrow or wait and surprise them. Although I am horrible with waiting and surprises so most likely I will tell them. I entered this one, specifically with Abbey in mind. It was for YoYo Lip Gloss. I had entered one to win Dora DVDs for Livvy and some art thing for Kat, and a Marble Racer thing for Kaleb. But the lip gloss was one I entered WITH Abbey next to me. I KNEW I would win one sooner or later. Out of the many I entered, about 2/5ths (that doesn't look right but it was more than 1/4 and less than 2/3) of them have ended but many are still open. So it was encouraging to win one from my first round of entries. I'm really excited about it...even though it won't be me using the lip gloss! I think there are 4 lip glosses so all of my girls will get to take part in the fun once it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment