About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Funnies - Week 4


Friday Funnies is a time to share all the funny or unusual things that your kids say or do. I hope you'll join in! Link up below. I will visit all of your blogs and look forward to reading what your little ones have to say.

While watching the movie Phantom of the Opera, Olivia decided she wanted to 'be' the first pretty girl she saw. Do your kids ever do that? When watching a movie, they pick out which character they are? It's so cute. So the first pretty girl that Olivia saw was Carlotta (Minnie Driver).


Later she decided she wanted to be Christine, after Katherine and I were talking about what a "drama queen" Carlotta was. So Livvy (I use Livvy and Olivia interchangeably quite often in case you haven't noticed) decided she would be Christine instead.

Now during most of the movie, Livvy and Abbey were downstairs watching Phineas and Ferb and Hannah Montana. So Olivia saw part of the beginning, bits and pieces of the middle and about the last 15 minutes of the movie. As the movie is ending and there is that final scene between Raul, Christine and the Phantom Olivia said "Mommy I cannot believe I in love with him...[long pause]...but I not really right? Right mommy? [If you don't answer her after she says 'right' she will continue incessantly until you respond as she did here] But I not really in love with him right? Because I not in this movie right? [long pause as we continue watching] I don't want to be in love with a guy so bloody."

At the end of the movie Livvy said "Daddy's missing all the fun!"

The next night, we decided to watch The Incredible Hulk (not to be confused with the horrible Hulk made in 2003) with the older kids. Livvy likes to come in and out annoying us looking cute and was sitting with me after barely seeing any of the movie. I was trying to explain to her that Hulk was a man that turned into a monster.


Enter Betty Ross:


So I asked Livvy:
"Do you want to be her? The monster is in love with her."

Livvy:
"No I don't want to be in love with that monster. I'd run away!"


Abbey put the Roomba to work cleaning the carpet one evening this week and proclaimed:
"A Roomba is a good dog because it likes to clean!"

We try to have pizza and movie night once a week. The two youngest are at odds with the two oldest. Kat and Kaleb are ready for more movie and less cartoon, and Abbey and Livvy still love their cartoons. It's been hard to find a balance. And on top of that, Kat and Kaleb have taken to reading during the movies. Don't get me wrong. We will NOT discourage reading, EVER. But it's kind of annoying when we're trying to watch a movie as a family and Kris and I are the only ones watching it, especially if it is a particularly BAD movie. I wish I had a book to read during those! So this week, as we're watching Hulk, Kat and Kaleb both have their noses in books and Kris said:
"Are you going to read through this movie too?"

Katherine looked up, raised up her book to show us and said with a certain amount of incredulity (another good word!):
"It's my Bible!!!"

Next up is a topic that should probably leave me more concerned than amused! Kaleb and Abbey were talking about something...I'm not quite sure what. And I heard Kaleb say "Abbey you're talking like Bible times." Then I heard Abbey say "What? It's not like I'm going to marry my babies." OK...um...what???? What are they learning in school and church????

Not in the "funny" category but worth noting here...I had an interesting conversation with Kaleb. On Sunday, he told me that he didn't want to go to choir because he didn't like it. I told him that he could stay with me then during our Sunday night service. He was happy about this, especially after I told him Daddy was preaching. Abbey decided she too didn't want to go to choir. I asked her why and she just said she didn't like it. I told her she could stay with me too but that she had to just sit there-she couldn't bring something else to do. It was choir or sitting quietly during the adult service. Kaleb asked if I meant him too and I said "yes." He asked if he could bring paper and I said "No." Choir or service. He stomped out of the room saying "What did I do wrong? I didn't kill you or something. Why are you punishing me?" He's a little...what's a masculine word for dramatic? Is there one?

We went to Casa Gallardo Monday night because they had a sign announcing kids eat free on Monday nights. We went in and the sign said that only one kid eats free per paying adult. I hate that...it's much better when you get 2 kids free per adult. Obviously Kaleb didn't appreciate it either because he said "It's only on Mondays. Can't they just go all out?"

While at Casa, Olivia handed me her water and said: "You can have devil water."
My response: "Did you say devil water?"
Olivia: "Yeah, devil. It means two waters."
I think she meant double...

2 comments:

  1. LOL - Your Friday Funnies are so great!

    Blessings to you,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOPS! I missed this week... sigh... Have been WAY to busy to blog. Sorry about that! Will try for next week again. :)

    ReplyDelete