About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Who wants some fudge??

I hate making fudge.

It is time consuming and painful.

So I just refused to make it.

Until a few years ago.

I discovered a recipe online for microwave fudge. I had my doubts. Surely you can't make fudge in the microwave. At least, not fudge that looks and tastes like fudge. Boy was I wrong!

I am not sure why more people don't make their fudge this way. I'll be honest. The consistency/texture isn't exactly like what you may be used to, but it is fudge-like and tastes great! And with as easy as it is, why WOULDN'T you make fudge this way?

I don't have a picture. Primarily because I'm too lazy to go to the fridge and take a picture!

Ready for the recipe?

1 12oz package chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Pour chocolate chips and milk into microwave-safe container. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add flavor of choice, pour into square pan and cool in fridge for 2-3 hours.

Possible flavors:

Amaretto
2 tsp almond extract (you can add 1/4-1/2 cup almonds if you want)

Mint
use mint chips in place of milk/semi-sweet OR 1-2 tsp mint extract

Almond Joy
1 tsp coconut extract, 1/4 cup coconut, 1/4 cup chopped almonds

Strawberry/Orange/Cherry
2 tsp extract of choice

Walnut/Pecan
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Almond Joy is my favorite!

3 comments:

  1. I never would have thought of making fudge in the microwave. I may have to try the mint one soon, you know just to test it out.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. yum! This doesn't bode well with the fact that I was lamenting that my shorts were tight this morning... hmmm.... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmm, sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete