About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Welcome Wednesday and a Winner!

I'd like to report that after my completely inconsequential meltdown yesterday and a few hours of sleep, I am feeling better today. I'm still not getting my phone, but I feel like I am coming to peace with it. Maybe. I haven't been up too long so only time will tell!

Well, it's time to announce the winner of the 8oz. of lotion! Thanks to everyone who entered. The winner will be emailed and will have 48 hours to get in touch with me or a new winner will be chosen. OK...here we go. And the winner is...

MrsPaterson said: "I'd love the Cool Ivy! I love what lavender does, but pregnancy has turned me against the scent forever. :-/
(And congrats on your giveaway!)"

Congratulations! Thanks to everyone who entered!

Working from home is...well...it's going. Actually, I have managed to get in quite a few hours this week already, which is great considering there was a holiday and I'm off on Friday. I have enough hours that I shouldn't have to use any PTO. Kris and I are gearing up for a 3 day excursion to Gatlinburg, TN. Our 11th wedding anniversary is coming up, on Saturday to be precise. I'm not 100% thrilled about the 9 hour drive each way, except that it will be kid-free (thanks Grandma for babysitting!!) and Kris and I have Ted Dekker's newest, The Bride Collector, to listen to.

So far, it's pretty good. Dekker's main character (or the bad guy at least) is really creepy! In true Dekker fashion.

I'm also joining Welcome Wednesday again. Feel free to link up and find some great blogs!



11 comments:

  1. A three hour drive can be fun if you're creative... If you have the tim, take some groceries with you and stop for a picnic somewhere. You might try taking the devotional I started called Songs In The Key Of Solomon. I wrote a post about it on my blog. It's not your typical devo, I can tell you. If my husband whom isn't saved can enjoy it, you guys should get a kick out of it, too.

    And don't stress about the phone. I'd take a trip with my husband (and without kids!) over the latest gadget any day! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great trip! We did 16 hours non stop once. It was pretty terrible, LOL.

    I hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I'm here from Welcome Wednesday and looking fwd to reading more :)

    PS: I love your giraffes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. blog follower from Welcome Wednesday! You can follow me at

    http://bethscoupondeals.blogspot.com/

    and

    http://helpingunitefatherandson.blogspot.com/

    HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the follow, and good luck on your trip. We took TONS of road trips cross-country and up n down the east coast when i was a kid. LOVED THEM!!!! Best memories of my life were from those trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following my blog! I'm a follower now of yours too!

    www.kdbuggie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Ted Dekker! I loke his books! Creepy stuff! Thanks for the follow, following you back!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following you from Welcome Wednesday! Look forward to reading your blog!

    http://www.frugalsciencegal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following back .

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Help spread the word!

    Come and grab my button :)


    Melanie
    www.jonathanandmelanie.blogspot.com
    Featured Spotlight Blogger for Mommies Faves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following back. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am so jealous! Will and I had our honeymoon there and we love to go back and visit. You all have fun and I will continue to be jealous:)

    ReplyDelete