About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Funnies

Who's ready for Friday Funnies?

To participate:

#1. Have funny kids (optional) ;-)
#2. Write your own Friday Funnies post and link to my post.
#3. Don't forget to add your link below so we can all enjoy.

So the kids gave us at least a little funny material within an hour of returning from our trip, but only a small amount. Either they've stopped being funny (yeah right!) or I've just missed a lot.

We were in the van driving home from Grandma's and Kaleb was trying to tell us something. But he couldn't remember what it was and told us he forgot what he was talking about. Livvy then said "I know what Kaleb was gonna say. He was gonna talk about my Bible." Yeah...that's not at all what he was going to say but it was a quick reminder that the world revolves around Livvy! (I don't know WHO she gets that from!) Kaleb had this I-WAS-SO-NOT-GOING-TO-SAY-THAT look on his face. Priceless...

We have the game Hullabaloo that the kids like to play from time to time. Livvy was asking if she could play it and telling me it's the one where you jump on the animals. She couldn't think of the name so when I told her she said "Yeah. Hello Balloon!" I tried to explain that it was Hullabaloo but she continued arguing with me, insisting it was balloon because there was no blue in it. Apparently 'balloo' is synonymous with blue.

Kris sent me a text tonight telling me about a conversation he had with Olivia. You know how much I hate Clifford the Big Red Van? If you don't know, just know it's a '98 big boxy thing that hates me as much as I hate it. The A/C is intermittent. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Mostly it doesn't. And I complain about it. ALL THE TIME. So, Kris took the kids to the store today and Livvy told him in a very happy (excited) voice "Daddy the air is working! It's because mommy isn't here!" Even my four year old knows that stupid van hates me...
I'm afraid that's all I have for today. This summer schedule has been insane! I'm so busy working during the day I miss out on a lot of the good stuff. It seems I have numerous funny conversations with Livvy this week, but I was right in the middle of projects at work and unable to really stop and write them down. That makes me sad. Maybe next week!

So what are your kids saying to make you laugh? Every little bit helps you get through the day. Link up!

Anyone else participating in any of these fun little hops?
friday-follow Smart and Trendy Moms


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the van one is awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braley Mama-I was SO glad he sent that to me last night because the pickings were slim for this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Stopping in from Friday-Follow. Thanks so much for flying with us today.

    Tami
    http://www.heartsmakefamilies.com

    ReplyDelete