Today I thought I would write some random 'fun facts' all about me! Because this
world blog revolves around yours truly!
1. I don't like to be touched. How did I wind up with four kids you ask? I'll tell you what I tell every other
well-meaning idiot person who seems to be perplexed by this statement. It's different with my husband! But even with him (and others in general), I do not like to be hugged. I can't stand to have someone lightly rub their hand or fingers against my arm, neck, back, leg. The only time I don't tense up with regards to hugging is when I initiate it. Imagine my horror when we joined our church and were told to go to the back so everyone could come out and welcome us! There was much handshaking and hugging going on and much anxiety on my part. I made it through, but I may think twice before joining another church anytime soon!
2. I have a very hard time staying focused at work on Fridays. Hopefully my
boss husband doesn't read this for a few days!
3. I taught myself how to quilt when I was 20 years old. It is one of my favorite hobbies, though with my neck problems I don't get back to it very often. Someday I will finally finish Abbey's quilt that I've been working on for a year and a half! Here are some pictures of my handiwork:
Abbey's 'unfinished' ballerina quilt (I am now halfway done with the top-stitching):
Katherine's Tinkerbell quilt
Quilt I made for my youngest Olivia (and her laying on it when she was an adorable little baby who is now
incredibly spoiled four years old):
Very Hungry Catepillar quilt I made for a friend's new baby:
4. In addition to making quilts, my friend Brandi (for whom I made the above quilt) told me about these cute little tag blankets and I think they are adorable! I love to make them and have sold quite a few of them. Great for teething babies...the material is soft flannel and the ribbons have different textures on them.
5. While I like the idea of opening up my own bakery some day, shows like Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen scare me out of giving it serious thought. Well, let's face it...it isn't those shows so much as it is him:
6. I am terrified of her, in so many ways, for so many reasons:
7. I have very little patience for whining, tattling, fake crying (like kids pretending to be babies or pretending they are hurt), and coughing. If you have a cold, it's best to avoid me throughout the duration of it. Just ask my
constantly sick very patient husband.
8. I love my feet. I believe that they are one of my best features. This is my foot; my sister is a Henna artist, hence the beautiful design on my foot.
9. I canont stand to hear people clipping their nails, crinkling water bottles, jingling change, or singing off key/singing the wrong words to songs. I am reminded of what my brothers would say when we were growing up and singing along to songs. "Who sings that?" Once we told them who sang it they would say "Well let them sing it then."
10. As long as you don't cough, whine, tattle, pretend cry like a baby, clip your nails, jingle change, sing off key, or crinkle a bottle near me, we will get along just fine!!
Happy Friday everyone!