About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The best pain reliever: WATER?

I just realized as I am sitting here that I haven't had any water at all today. I've been reading that if you have chronic pain (this is true for headaches/migraines too), it can worsen if you aren't drinking enough water. As I think back, since Friday, I haven't been consuming nearly as much water as I should be, let alone the amount that I HAD been. I am not sure why I didn't drink as much on Friday at work. I keep a large 32oz hospital cup at my desk and am usually diligent about INTENTIONALLY drinking it-I'd say on a typical day I drink at least 96oz. Yesterday and today...well, there isn't really any excuse. I just haven't thought about it. I wonder if the intensity of the pain is due to a lack of water. Why couldn't I remember this two days ago??

I've been busy cleaning and cooking today in an effort to distract myself from the pain, which hasn't lessened at all. But on the bright side, my house looks a LOT better than it did! The clean clothes that have been decorating our living room have all been sprayed with Downey Wrinkle Releaser and are now hanging or put away. I HATE ironing. In fact, I refuse to iron, unless I'm working on a quilt. After hearing friends talk about the Downey Wrinkle Releaser, I kept thinking "I need to get some of that." I kept forgetting. Well, finally a couple of months ago, I remembered and picked some up. That stuff is great!! So, our clothes that have been sitting clean in baskets for days are now wrinkle-free. Now my kids won't look like they just rolled out of bed when they go to school!! At least, not because of their clothes!

You know, I don't think I'll ever be one of those people who get contacted to try products and review them. Why would they give me a product to use when I'll review it for free? :-)

Does anyone else out there have a child who gets hurt (even if it is very minor, especially if it is minor!) that acts like their arm has just been cut off? Kaleb is that way, and it drives me crazy! I have a really hard time conjuring up sympathy when he is rolling around on the ground and shrieking like a little girl screaming. Katherine has been acting out physically lately whenever she is upset. I'm tired of it. She is 9 years old and she knows better! Apparently Kaleb was throwing grass/gumball seedlings up in the air and they were going down the back of Katherine's shirt. Kaleb insists he wasn't intentionally putting them down her shirt, though I have trouble believing he is being 100% truthful. But in order to retaliate, Katherine took her plastic jump rope and began hitting him with it. He has a large welt on his arm! But I'll tell you what...it is so annoying how dramatic Kaleb is when he gets hurt. I don't even want to care about his injury while he is writhing in exaggerated pain on the floor.

Tonight my mother-in-law is coming over after church to watch LOST. We're two episodes behind and I am determined to watch the finale 'live'. I don't want to get on Facebook the next day and see everybody's statuses that will inevitably appear without knowing what happened. That's the downside of watching our shows online. I always know who has won The Biggest Loser before I have a chance to watch the finale.

In the time I started to write this and the time that I finished it (about 20 minutes at most), I finished two 25 ounce water bottles. And I am not making this up...while my neck still hurts really bad, some of the stiffness has actually lessened. So, if you are experiencing headaches, back or neck pain, try drinking more water and see if it makes a difference. It doesn't seem right or make any sense. It doesn't seem likely even...but I really think there is some truth in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment