About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Cabin-Shenandoah Crossing

First things first:

We have internet. It isn't ideal...we *have* to connect through our phones, but since we are in the mountains, we were worried that our phones wouldn't get strong enough signals to connect to the internet-I'm glad our worries were unfounded.

I need main level laundry.

I need more than one bathroom in my house.

OK, now that we have that out of the way...we are HERE! We all made it safe and sound. The cabin is nice--very rustic, just like you would expect a cabin to be! The 'resort' has more of a camping-type feel to it and the kitchen/dining room remind me of an old farmhouse. There are quite a few pictures on this post, primarily because the kids crack me up with how they organized everything. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Kaleb's room, as he is staying in Grandma's cabin. I'll try to go over there tomorrow to see if there is anything of interest worth photographing.

One thing to note: in Abbey and Livvy's room, Abbey has a picture frame she got that she just loves. Katherine helped her find a picture to put in it, and when you see the picture, I just think knowing a little background information would be helpful. I don't know if I have written it here or not, but Abbey is very particular about who she loves. She loves God and Uncle Brandon the most. Then she loves herself, and then she loves everyone else. So the picture in her picture frame should come as no surprise to anyone. Oh and she also has a mirror right by her bed, probably so she can see herself and make sure she still looks beautiful!















No comments:

Post a Comment