About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A strange sight to see

I have a long commute to and from work and because my stereo in my car can't decide whether it is going to work or not, I have done a lot of people watching while I drive home. Today, I just HAD to grab my phone quickly and try to get a picture of something I saw on my drive home. There was this woman in a van, driving along, with her windows down. And I had to do a double-take. The picture below is really difficult to see clearly because I took it quickly from my phone as I was approaching, all while driving safely and responsibly of course! So I have circled and labeled the picture, but it's just not as good as actually seeing it in person. Now keep in mind, I'm talking about the DRIVER. Not a passenger. Not a child. A woman, DRIVING.


It amused me. So much that before I wrote it down, I just HAD to tell Kris. We were rushing, as always, to get out the door for church. I didn't have a chance to start telling Kris about it until we were on our way to church. We're driving along, and I get to the point where I am telling him how this woman basically had her bare foot hanging out the window, and I stopped short. I had just told him that her foot was hanging out the window and realized that something just didn't look right. See below the picture I got before I could finish telling my story to Kris.


Apparently that woman was not the only one who drove this way. Apparently my husband drives this way. An my overactive imagination is already predicting an accident while he's driving like this, and his leg getting crushed and broken, or him losing his leg completely. So I'm freaking out over a made up scenario and he's just sitting there laughing at me. The kids are in the van with us, and a conversation ensues about what Kris would look like without a leg. We were talking about prosthetics and my inability to deal with 'sick' Kris. I finally had to tell them to stop talking about Kris losing his leg because I was getting too anxious over nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment