About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Seems like a good day for contacts

The day started out like any ordinary day. Except we didn't have kids, and we slept in, and we are in, oh that's right, Miami Beach! We went to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, which was NOT as good as I remember it before it 'left' St. Louis. Then we went to Sports Authority to get Boogie Boards for some ocean fun. And of course, like any other day, there was some arguing that went on and more than a little anxiety on my part due to someone doing a u-turn (I won't mention who) after someone else (again I won't mention who)asked the first someone not to. A long silence ensued, things calmed down and we headed down to the ocean. We were there for about, I don't know, 20 minutes if that. Suddenly I hear someone calling my name. It's Kris, just a short distance from me. I realized right away what had happened when I saw him without those all too familiar glasses. A wave had come and knocked them off. Now I am not going to say anything else beyond that-we're going to keep this friendly. So of course we couldn't find his glasses. And I'm thinking, how am I going to drive back 20+ hours all by myself? Unlike me (who needs glasses but can see just fine without them-yes it makes sense), Kris can basically ONLY see shapes and colors without his glasses.

Suddenly I have an idea. I happened to grab my cell phone at the last minute and stick it in the backpack we were taking down to the beach. So I decided to look up local eye doctors and find out if there was any way to get glasses done ASAP. I found a place but they didn't accept our vision insurance (which THANK GOD just went into affect on June 1!). We found another place and they said there was no way they could get glasses, but they could do the exam and get him a pair of temporary contacts. At this point, I'm secretly thanking the Atlantic Ocean for swallowing up Kristopher's glasses.

You see, when Kris was in high school he wore contacts all the time. I guess he was trying to impress all those high school girls. In college, I barely remember a time when he wore anything BUT glasses. But for our wedding, he got contacts, at my request. And he looked great! Don't get me wrong...he was attractive with the glasses but man did he look good without them! He has really nice eyes and the glasses seem to hide that fact. But after about two weeks, the contacts started bothering his eyes and so he went back to his glasses. And has worn glasses for the last 10 years. He has wanted to get Lasik for quite some time; we just haven't been able to afford the payments. But I think he figured, 10 years ago, that once he snagged me, he didn't have to impress me anymore by wearing contacts. I don't really think that, but it's fun to tease him about it.

So we spent the afternoon at the eye doctor's and Kris is now wearing contacts. I think he looks great!! I'm pretty excited about it, even though it's a silly thing to get excited about I suppose. It's just that he looks so sexy with his head and face shaved and contacts in! I can say sexy. It's my blog. I can say whatever I want. ;-) Anyway, here are a couple of pictures from our excursion today.



WOW he looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment