About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Back to busy

Having a week off really made me appreciate time. I am SO busy all the time now, when I am not on vacation. It struck me last night, since the kids slept in for Kris of course (but never for me!), that the only kid I saw in the morning yesterday was Kaleb. And then last night, after work I went out and didn't get home until after 9pm. Katherine and Abbey were still awake so they came out and gave me hugs and kisses. But I didn't see Olivia at all yesterday. And now, everyone is still asleep. Abbey must have heard me moving around this morning getting ready for work because she came into the kitchen and hugged me. She asked if I was going to be home with them today. I told her that I had to go to work and Daddy was going to be home with them this summer. But I assured her that I would be home earlier today than I was yesterday. She told me that she hardly got to spend any time with me yesterday. It made me realize that I'm really, truly back home and back into the routine. How sad that while I woke up and went to sleep in the same house as my family I didn't even see one of them at all yesterday. So, Abbey being Abbey, brought something to me this morning and said "So you don't forget about me while you're at work."



I'm not sure whether to laugh at her cute ways and sweetness or cry becuase I'm really back to the real world!

No comments:

Post a Comment