About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Monday, June 8, 2009

Katherine's letter

Kris' dad called him today. He wanted to thank Katherine for her letter. Right after Katherine got baptized, she decided, on her own, to send Grandpa Ken a letter. I forgot to write about it when it happened; I'm glad Kris reminded me about it though so I could share it here. She put the date on the letter and it said:

"Dear Grandpa Ken,

I got baptized today. I hope to see you again soon.

P.S. I love you and hope you stop smoking.

Love, Katherine
XOXOXOXO"

So sweet and funny and honest. Let me just add that we don't sit around and tell the kids to tell everyone they know to stop smoking. She did that all on her own. She's very concerned that smoking will harm her grandpa and she wasn't afraid to tell him!

Kris took the older kids to the library this evening. I made Livvy stay home with me, mostly because she needed a bath and I didn't want to go to the library with everyone. So, we took a shower and afterwards she just sat on the couch and played Abbey's V-tech. About 20 minutes ago though, she came over to me and said "Am I sick so I can't go?" It took me a minute to figure out she was talking about not getting to go to the library with Kris and the others. I told her that she stayed home because she needed a bath and because I loved her and wanted her to stay home with me. She was insistent though. She then said "No, I'm sick so I can't go."

And then, she went on to tell me that she was very hungry and that she would keep coughing if she couldn't eat something. Of course because she is spoiled and cute, I let her have fruit snacks. She seems to be better now. Not that she really seemed sick before!

I love watching people's reactions when I am out and about with all four kids. It doesn't happen often where I take them all four by myself. But today I was feeling ambitious, and hungry, and we didn't have any food in the house from being gone 8 days. So we went to Taco Bell. There was this older lady in there who was laughing at the kids interacting with one another. She looked at me and asked "Are they yours?" And I smiled and said "Yes." She then said "All four of them?" It made me laugh. So I told her that yes they were all mine. People still have this look of shock (that I privately enjoy seeing) when I tell them that the kids are 8, 7, 6, and 3. At some point, it won't shock people nearly as much. I mean, at some point, they'll be 16, 15, 14, and 11. That won't seem so 'crazy' then, will it? What I remind myself is that 8, 7, 6, and 3 sounds much less crazy and when they were 5, 4, 3, and newborn!! Now that was CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment