About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Free isn't always free...or is it?

So in my previous post I wrote about our room 'upgrade' at the Drury Inn in Morrow, GA. Kris and I have been Gold Key members (Drury's reward program) for about 4 years now and whenever we are able, we stay at a Drury. We had finally earned enough points so that our room last night would be free. Since we only had a certain amount of money saved for our anniversary trip, it was really helpful that we didn't have to pay for this hotel stay on our journey back home to St. Louis.

You can imagine our surprise when we looked at the bill they had slipped under the door in the amount of $565.00! I'm not making this stuff up:




But as the Drury has proven itself (or is it 'herself'?) time and time again, they fixed the problem and assured us that the room really was free. And of course, Kris was pleased that they were well-supplied with biscuits and gravy this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment