About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Teeth

Teeth of a model.Image via Wikipedia

I hate teeth. I don't think I always hated teeth (nor did I ever LOVE them). It seemed to start when Katherine started losing her teeth. Don't get me wrong. I am extremely thankful that I have a mouth full of teeth. But I hate looking at my kids teeth when they are loose. It makes me cringe. I can't stand to see them messing with them and pulling them back and forth. Just thinking about it grosses to me. Kaleb is losing his teeth now too, which is why this is on my mind. Not to mention the fact that Kaleb and I were at the dentist today. I tried a new recipe out today. It was for a Chocolate Pecan Pound Cake. Sadly I was out of pecans so it was just a Chocolate Pound Cake. Smells delicious! I'm still loving Google Calendar and iGoogle. Oh I wanted to ask some opinions on something. My mind is back and forth tonight-forgive the flightiness! So I have all of my wisdom teeth still. They have NEVER bothered me. At all. Not even a little bit. But when I went to the dentist last month for the first time in (at least) 12 years, I was told that they SHOULD be removed. Well, I wasn't TOLD. I was ENCOURAGED to have them removed. She said that once you pass the age of 35, they recommend that you just leave them in, because most likely if they haven't bothered you yet, you PROBABLY won't have any problems with them. But because I was still under 35, she was telling me that she would recommend having them removed, so as to avoid any problems when I am older. But it just doesn't make sense for me to voluntarily go in for a surgery that I don't technically 'need'-not to mention one I don't WANT! So, here's my question. If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Would you elect to have all four wisdom teeth removed, or would you 'risk' it and just hope that your good luck with them doesn't run out when you're 50 years old?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment