About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Sunday, July 20, 2008

A good song

Kris and I were talking (very briefly) about my blog post from a couple of days ago and how neither one of us are where we would like to be in our relationships with God. The conversation abrupty ended, so that of course Kris could discipline the child who was choking the other one. I decided I would turn some music on and sometimes I find 'coincidences' interesting. They haven't happened much recently, and I really believe that it is more that I have been unable to see them. However, this afternoon, God spoke and I heard. I don't know how I will respond. He's asking an awful lot, but in comparison with what He gave, the life of His Son, I suppose He really isn't asking that much at all. Here are the lyrics to the first song that came on-thanks Bleach (and God)!

All To You

I can’t wait to get out of here
I can’t fake through this pain I feel
It’s been too long, that I’ve been gone
Now I’m coming back, I’m coming back
So long, it’s gone
This burden that I carry

I’ll give it all to You, to You

I wade out and the waves are bigger
I can’t sort through all this junk so I surrender
I’ve gone on, way too long
Now I’ve had enough, I’ll give it up to you
This storm is great, but You are so much greater

Chorus

I can’t wait to see you standing there so bright and special
And all the waves that crashed around my head
Fall silent at the whisper of your voice

Chorus

1 comment:

  1. I believe that God sends us signs, and we just have to be open enough to see them. I think this is a HUGE sign!!! I don't believe in coincidences, everything happens for a reason, even if we don't know it at the time.

    ReplyDelete