About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Monday, March 23, 2009

Green peppers...

Katherine and Abbey remind me of my sister Jenny and myself when we were little. There's a story I must share before I can tell you what happened between my girls tonight.

I don't remember how old we were. But something happened when we were young that neither of us have ever forgotten. I HATED green peppers. My mom kept putting them in our salads though. And one time, I was convinced that Babe, our cocker spaniel at the time would eat the peppers if I picked them out of my salad. So what did I do? I did what anyone who hated peppers would do. I picked them out of my salad and threw them on the floor. And what happened next? Well I can tell you that Babe did NOT eat those stupid peppers! Someone found them though. That someone was my mother. And she would not rest until she found out who did it. Of course, I told my mom the truth right away-I told her that Jenny must have done it because it certainly wasn't me. And what did my sister do? SHE DENIED IT! Can you believe that? I mean here we are in trouble because SOMEONE threw their peppers on the floor and she just denied it. So what could my mom do? She fed us both peppers until someone finally told the truth. We still laugh about that, Jenny and I.

Tonight...I got to be my mother. Abbey and Katherine put me through a situation so similar it was both amusing and frightening at the same time. What started out as a simple game turned into much, much more. It took a good hour to finally get one of them to cave. Abbey caved. Prior to this, Katherine was BEGGING through tears for Abbey to tell the truth so they wouldn't both lose their privileges tomorrow. We were 95% sure that Abbey was lying and Katherine was telling the truth. But there was that 5% that wasn't convinced. Finally we got to the bottom of the matter and Abbey admitted she was lying.

It was really eye opening for me. Oh the joys of parenting!

Oh and by the way, I actually eat green peppers now from time to time!

1 comment:

  1. Way to fess up without actually saying that you'd done anything. I think people should know that because you denied it so adamantly, I began to wonder whether I had done it myself and just forgot.

    ReplyDelete