About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Heathen...that's me!

I'm skipping church this morning. I feel bad, because there is a chili lunch after church and I know that trying to get four kids fed and yourself is a handful...hopefully it won't be too hard on Kris. I think Grandma is going to be there too though so I'm hoping it will all go smoothly. Not that Kris isn't capable...oh he is. He's really great, especially with the kids. I just feel bad that he will have to go it alone, but I still just do not feel good.

I managed to get some sleep last night, thanks to Nyquil, Melatonin, and Xanax. Oh and Ibuprofen for the pain in my ears, eyes and throat. I also sucked on one of those Chloraseptic drops all night and managed to get some rest. I'm hoping that by resting this morning I will be able to make it through grocery shopping at Schnucks and Aldi's this afternoon, as well as the dreaded task of cleaning out the fridge!

Our new 'meal plan' starts today. Kris and I are going to work hard to stick to our budget and plan out the meals throughout the week so that we can not only buy ONLY what we need, but so that we can save some money and stop eating out for lunch at work. Not only is it costing us a lot of money, it makes it very difficult to stick to my yeast-free diet! So, starting today, the meals are planned out (only through Saturday so far) and we are looking forward to hopefully saving some money and eating better. The nice thing for me is that for the most part, everyone will now be eating yeast-free. There will be some exceptions for Kris and the kids, like white bread and chips that I can't have. But the 'main' meals will all be yeast-free. The great thing for Kris is that he will get to enjoy my home cooking on a more regular basis. Deep down, part of me wonders if this wasn't his plan all along...just to get me cooking for him all the time...and he is just saying it's to save money!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment