About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as the 'crazy mom of four'. I'm 31 years old and I love my life, my kids, my husband and my God. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Eliot

Monday, April 13, 2009

Enjoy my stupidity!

First of all...let me just say that one of the things I love about the phone that Kris got me for my birthday (Samsung Instinct) is how simple it is. Everything about it is simple. Texting, taking pictures, sending or uploading pictures, checking email or Facebook, listening to music, etc...it is all really simple. I had a fancy smart phone previously (Treo 750w) and there were so many features I didn't use. So it was great to have a phone that I loved, that was super easy to use, and still did what I needed it to do.

With that being said, please see the picture below. I am going to show you just how simple it is, even to charge my phone, or to charge the spare battery. There are arrows for everything. The arrows point you in the way to go. It can't get any simpler, right?



Ok, so let me first say that I did not get a lot of sleep last night. I didn't go to bed until almost 1am. Kris came to bed around 3am, tossed and turned for what seemed like 5 hours, though in reality I think it was probably only about 15 minutes. He FINALLY went downstairs and I fell back asleep. I got up before 7am (right around 6:55am!). So I suppose I was tired. At least that is what I am blaming my stupidity on!

I got to work this morning and needed to charge my phone. I have two batteries. I usually have one charged and one in my phone. So I swapped out the full battery and put the one that needed charging into the charger. I plugged it into the USB slot on my laptop. The little light flashed, and then it went dark. Normally when it is charging there will be a solid red light on, and when it is fully charged the light turns green. So no light was on, and I was perplexed. It didn't help that I have a new computer and I thought maybe one of the USB slots was messed up. So I'm switching everything around. I keep headphones and a wireless mouse plugged in via USB and over the next few hours I kept switching things in and out, trying to figure why my battery would not charge. I finally decided there was nothing wrong with my computer therefore there must be something wrong with my sync cable.

So I was chatting with Kris on Gmail, telling him I was frustrated and couldn't get it to charge. And while I was doing this, again I was fidgeting with it trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with my charger. I decided I would take the battery out and put it back in, hoping this would help. Now mind you, I had done this at least 3 other times prior to this. However, on this occasion when I took the battery out, I realized that I had put the battery in backwards.

Now that you have read that-look back up at the picture. A child could figure out which way the battery was supposed to go. So there you go. I am a 30-year-old, semi-intelligent, working mother, married for 10 years and raising four adorable children. I have a good life, AND a very SIMPLE phone to make my busy life easier; and yet, it took me a good three hours to realize why my battery wasn't charging. Apparently I cannot follow simple PICTURE instructions!

Have a good laugh at my expense!

No comments:

Post a Comment